Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Being a better me!

I am feeling so zen for some reason...i think its because I have come to a certain realization about my job, and have made some great friends. I feel great and super motivated.

I have decided that I have 11 more months in this place, and there are no excuses I have to become a better person because damnit when I'm done you're going to hire me and you're going to be glad you did! I am actually behind...because there are so many things I need to accomplish. If you're not going to hire me because of my education or work experience, you are going to hire because of the things I can bring to the table.

But this isn't just to be a better job candidate...I want do all that I can to be a better person. i have recently just come to the realization this is my only chance at life and there are no second chances. And while it would have been nice to have been born a princess or heiress, or to live the life of a socialite lady who lunches, that is not my life but I still have to do all that I can to make the most of it. I don't want to wake up one day  and realize that I am unhappy and realize my life has just passed me by. I want to be an active participant in life. I am going to live life to the fullest in Singapore, be crazy happy and nothing is going to stop me.

I am still trying to list out my goals and make a plan for myself but these my ideas so far..

1. Learn spanish- living here has made me realize how important it is to know more languages in the hospitality world...and if i want to work in los angeles spanish will be very useful

2.  Learn floral design- it seems soooo fun and and i think it will be great for event planning

3. Learn calligraphy- i totally need better handwriting

4. Start learning web design- ditto number two

5. Learn to cook actual food- i think this is inspired by this cooking for beginners book i saw at the bookstore.

6. Exercise more/ just be healthier- if I am going to be this much more awesome person and love life more...well i need to be super healthy so I can enjoy life for a longer time. You know unless i die in a freak accident.

7. Practice chinese- i should take advantage of living in this crazy asian country right?!

8. Spend less money on things...and save it to spend on experiences- i want to be less materialistic

9. Take yoga/pilates- it seems to make people more zen and i want to continue on this zen streak that i have been on

10. Read the newspaper at least twice a week- its scary how little i know about the current going ons of the world

11. Say YES to more things- i dont want to miss out on any opportunity because i am scared or worried what others will think

12. Focus on me- sometimes i get caught up in what everyone else is doing and how i compare, but it really doesn't matter does it? I am my own person, and these 11 months I am going to focus on bettering myself!

13. Travel around Asia- if I am stuck in this place, I want to see all the amazing places that surround it

Well thats all for now...but I think of things I want to accomplish all the time...I really need to carry a notebook around with me. I am really pumped for this better me plan! until next time, xxoo!

1 comment:

Janet said...

I wish that I was still in SG to experience the crazy happy steph!! I think I actually am the same person (minus eating alone in restaurants...) in the Netherlands, but with a cute coat on xD Your goals all are very doable but you really have to remind yourself!

Life is so much better when you just say yes.. In the worst case scenario you just gain a bad experience, but every experience is better then NO experience!!

Take advantage of your crazy condo complex, use the gym and start eating meat ahaha i kid i kid ;)

Take care babe!

xoxo