Sunday, July 18, 2010

Success/Happiness

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vincent T. Lombardi

I've been thinking of success/happiness a lot lately. A friend recently wrote in an email to me that she thought I had one of the most successful jobs of the people we were friends with in high school...and that is so weird because I don't consider myself successful....I just consider myself extremely fortunate. Another friend who "reads" astrological charts said that I have the power to get what I want...like anything I picture for my life usually comes true. And that really got me thinking...

You know that book the secret that everyone was soooo into before? I never read it, but I understand the gist of it is that you have to picture the things you want in life in your mind to get it. I can't believe i am saying this but I really believe that is true.  My mind lives in an alternate reality sometimes...in a "perfect life"..you could probably say I am a dreamer and an intense daydreamer. But there have been so many things...random things... that I have pictured in my head that have become a reality. For instance, at the moment, I am soooo unbelievably happy. I often find myself thinking at work about how I could have possibly got this lucky! To have taken all these seemingly radom turns in life to end up doing exactly the kind of work I want to spend the rest of my life doing at 23...while getting international exposure cannot be just a coincidence.

I wanted this sooooo much...having  a great job that made me happy was all i ever thought about! Maybe this "secret" thing really has some value! I cannot believe I spent almost a year soooo unhappy at a job, that I almost lost my idea of what I had always wanted. For everyone out there that says a job is just a job...a means to an end, I think you are wrong. Life is so short to be unhappy in an capacity, especially in a job. Go out there and find what it is you are looking for...be happy...and don't settle for anything less. I think if you can imagine your dream life and go for it...it will happen. What do you think, lovelies?

PS i hope you don't think this was gloaty...i am just so happy!

No comments: