Wednesday, April 14, 2010

One on the Bund

Last week, I was fortunate enough to attend a concierge party at One on the Bund. This restaurant is actually located at a restored pier about a 5 minute walk from my apartment. I had walked past this building many times before but had no idea what it was! I think being a concierge is one of the coolest jobs there are....you get to try everything bc everyone wants you to recommend their restaurant/tour/attraction.

Anyways...I had a great time at this gorgeous restaurant. It is a modern chinese restaurant...and I love how they restored this old pier building into this chic restaurant but still used chinese antiques to decorate the inside. Free food and drinks...what could be better?! This is the view from the outside....



the outside of the restaurant



the entrance of the restaurant


I love this flower arrangement! So modern and chic


cute opium bed


a delicious appley drink...i think it was called "roll the dice" or something




one sitting area style


another sitting area


outside sitting area...too bad its so hot here I could never handle sitting outside

Later that week it was my friends birthday and i decided we should celebrate at my new restaurant find...

me and sh


Birthday boy and the delcious chocolate mouse pyramid cake


everyone!

In the middle of the heat, crowds, and rudeness, there are moments of wonder. Sometimes life is great! xxoo

No comments: