Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Make Up Shopping Spree

So I feel like in the last few months I have gotten really content with living in Singapore and therefore have not been doing anything too exciting with my time here. There really has not been much to warrant a blog post on other than my trips with the girls...until now!

If you don't know I have recently gotten addicted to watching youtube videos...and in particular the ones the "makeup gurus" have on their makeup storage/collections. It really inspired me to clean and organize my makeup. So I did like 2 weeks ago and I realized other than face makeup and mascara...the makeup I brought with me 2 years ago is basically all the makeup I own...which is a little bit gross right? How long does makeup even last?

So I've been kind of on a makeup shopping spree that culminated in a BIG spree today after work!

The first things I bought was some new MAC blush and new lipgloss because I ran out. Not too exciting...although I love the Mac pro longwear lipglass in Full Speed Ahead. It is just such a bright fun color. I also got the MUCH raved about Urban Decay Naked palette since pretty much all my eyeshadows are like 4 years old, which is probably not good. And I honestly love this palette...I have used it every day since I got it!


Then after reading A TON of reviews on all the asian brands of makeup I got really curious about all the brands I have seen around Singapore. I have noticed all these brands I am about to show you but the main thing stopping me from buying these things was the fact that I can't read most of the packaging! But one of the brands I have noticed every time at the drug store is this brand that is SUPER cute called Majolica Majorca is actually a branch of Shisheido which really made me trust it...and the packaging is just SO cute! So some of this stuff I bought over the weekend but mostly P and I went on a major shopping spree today after a HARD day of work! We didn't spend too much...I don't think...but it was really one of the best days in Singapore I have had in a LONG time.

From left to right: Skin79 BB cream, Etude House panda lip balm, Holika holika Star Lights hightlighter, Majolica Majorca Puff de Cheek in Apricot Macaroon, Etude House Aloha Eye Color Art Pen, Fairy Drops Mascara (and a cute free aloha makeup pouch I got)

So first off I think I need to tell you about BB Cream. Its this like Korean skin stuff that is all the rage that even American brands like Maybeline have created BB Creams for Asia. I guess the best way to describe it that BB creams are made to be like multi purpose products...for instance the one I bought, Skin79 Super Plus BB Creme, is anti aging, sun protection, brightening and provides great coverage. It makes my skin look almost flawless. I love it!

Next the Holika Holika Star Lights highlighter is a total dupe for benefits moon beam only cheaper and the packaging is super cute. Holika holika is a really cute store...everything is like witch and black cat themed! Asian cosmetics packaging is ridiculously cute. I seriously wanted to buy the whole store!

I totally only bought the panda lip balm from Etude House because of the packaging...I also bought the eyeliner because it is this awesome dark purple shade and literally does not budge! And the Majolica Majorca blush is basically the cutest thing I have ever seen. Its supposed to look like a macaroon. I adore it! Last is the original Fairy Drops mascara which I have heard so many great things about. They have even repackaged this mascara to sell at Sephora for more money!

From Left to Right: Etude House Anti-Shine Mist, The Face Shop Snow Tree Sleep Mask, The Face Shop Mango Body Lotion, The Face Shop Mango Body Wash, The Face Shop Herb Cleanser Wipes (and a free face mask from Etude House)

So I so think this Anti-Shine Mist at Etude House sounds potentially awesome and really wanted to try it out...I thought it would be great to keep at my desk for a refresher after lunch. The shops we went to all had these like masks you put on before you go to bed and wash off in the morning. I really wanted to try a whitening one because I have gotten ALOT of freckles since living here and I heard that whitening stuff really just makes your skin tone more even. Then the lotion and body wash were just on sale...so I bought them because it was a set and I needed new body wash. And the makeup wipes look a lot like the Mac makeup wipes packaging...so I am really excited to try them!

I am kind of sad that it took me SO long to discover all these asian brands that have like have cult followings back home. But at least I still have time to try out some more! After this spree I am going on a shopping ban for 1 month until P and I go to Bangkok for crazy intense shopping. Until next time, xxoo from Singapore!

No comments: