Tuesday, January 25, 2011

SO true Thursdays...the case of the missing pen

So I want to start a weekly blog entry where I tell you all something SO true! Whether its funny or awkward or cool, I hope you enjoy it! Here goes number one...


Last week I had a breakfast event off site and when I got back I got the craziest phone call! Some guy calling asking for a missing pen. At first I was confused what he wanted me to do about it..I mean its a pen! And then it became clear that he had already contacted the venue, which gave him a description of who they thought took the pen...and he wanted me to contact every attendee to locate this pen. I had no idea what to say, but assumed this pen was an expensive pen...like on of those fancy montblanc ones or something. But I mean what does this guy expect me to do about it, call every attendee and say "Excuse me Mister, did you take something that wasn't yours?" How rude is that?! Its a pen..get over it (and yourself). Then this guy proceeds to tell me that this pen isn't expensive, but has a lot of emotional value since he has had it a long time. Well that makes me less likely to even try...I mean thats like saying I lost my old stapler and I want you to call everyone who was near by to get it back for me bc I loved that stapler. Totally ridiculous right? And if I had taken the pen...I would have never admitted it! But the service side of me took over and I tried to figure out who had this pen...but needless to say the pen was not found.

Things like this could only happen to me in Singapore...completely insane right? Well its a great story to tell don't you think? Until next time, xxoo!

1 comment:

Janet said...

ahaha that sounds CRAZY hun!! did the guy told you why he had so much emotional value awarded to this pen?

x